Friday, July 24, 2009

New Stove and Micro

T3-d9

This morning I headed over to Deborah's house to await delivery of the new stove and microwave. I was prepared to work (from home) while awaiting the delivery. Well Sears came and delivered the stove and microwave. They took out the old stove and found that the pipe for the gas sticks out too far to push the stove all the way to the wall. And we found out that the delivery people don't install the microwave. They told us that Sears has other contractors that do that.

Deborah called the plumber that she usually calls for help. Apparently, Mike is an old school plumber that can do just about anything. After a while, he arrived and assesed the situation with the stove and the microwave. I made the decision to let him take care of fixing the gas valve so the stove can be situated properly and to also let him install the microwave. He sounded so like he knew exactly what to do - apparently he's installed quite a few microwaves.

It has been an all day process. So I've been sitting at the house getting my work done for the day and enjoying the stay with Deborah. Since the house and everything in it is my responsibility, I didn't want to leave until the work was done. And then of course there's one little hitch - I have to pay the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment