skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Deborah runs the half-marathon
We went to Las Vegas on Saturday morning to see Deborah run the Rock n Roll half-marathon. Wouldn't you know there was a herp show going on so we had to leave real early to go to it on Saturday. It turned out to be the first herp show put on by the promotor. There were a small number of vendors in a very large area. I think it took us about 2 hours to go through it with the visiting that we did.
We were able to check into our condo, The Desert Rose, early as check in time was 4pm and we got there about 2 or 2:30. It's a lovely place. We had a one bedroom apt. - it wasn't as spacious as at the Grandview but it was still very comfortable. What it did have was proximity to the Mandalay Bay where the race started and finished. It was about 1/2 + to the Mandalay Bay.
Saturday night we joined Deborah at the CCFA Team Challenge pasta party. There were an amazing number of people there. Can you believe one of the team members (from NY) raised over $38,000!!
Sunday morning we got up at 4:30am!! We were out the door by about 5:30am. It was cold outside - around 34 degrees. I put on my warm underwear under my clothing. Glad I did that. I was so bundled up because the cold really gets to me. We couldn't find Deborah before the race began. I knew that we went to the right corral but she wasn't there. She turned up and we wished her well. The runners were going south past the airport and then turning around so we would get to see her coming back toward us. We saw many runners dressed as Elvis
Traveling back to San Diego from Las Vegas where we saw Deborah run the half-marathon and Sarah Turner run the marathon. It was amazing to be part of the crowd. It's wet weather now on our drive home and we just drove through snow! I haven't seen snow in a long time - but now it's just rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment