We saw Dr. Jones on Tuesday for my 6 or was it 7 week post-op visit. All is healing well. I need some more surgery on the implant breast. He needs to refine the shape because it still looks somewhat boxy. And then he's going to do a little liposuction on the bulge that's on the side. It's bothersome. If the liposuction doesn't work, he still will have another chance to fix it when he does the nipple reconstruction. He said that I can be sedated rather than have a general anesthesia. I've done better under sedation than with the anesthesia. I've had a couple of procedures where they've used sedation and I've not had a bad reaction to that. So we're scheduling it for two months from now in January what with all that's going on with the holidays coming up. I kind of expected to need this next surgery because I haven't liked the squareness of my breast.
We also saw Dr Levine about a week ago. It was just a general visit post-mastectomy. He likes to follow up a few times with his patients. He asks lots of questions just in case they don't get asked by other doctors. Just to make sure I'm doing okay and taking care of myself. We got to talking about the Michael Jackson movie. He told us that he had gone to see it and really liked it. So the conversation with him goes everywhere.
Actually with Tom along the conversation with any of my doctors may very well end up being about the snakes. I will say that it is a very unusal topic for a doctor's office.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment