Today, Tom and I went to see my plastic surgeon. I was looking forward to him taking out the drain. But, to my dismay, he didn't. He wants me to keep it in until the drain is collecting only 20cc or less. And then, after it's out, I'll have to wait 24 hours before I can shower - it's been a drag only having sponge baths. Along with that, I haven't been able to wash my hair - only because I can't use my arm to dry/style my hair. I was able to get an appointment today to get my hair done. Oh, how much better I feel. All my life, I haven't had to worry too much about my hair- it doesn't get greasy looking, it just doesn't look good after a while.
Dr. Jones took the bandages off and took out the stiches. I got my first look at how my breast looks now. He told me that Dr. Levine didn't take off too much skin. My nipple is gone - I knew that was going to happen. And after Dr. Jones put the tissue expander in, he sewed up what was left with a pursestring stitch. He said that it was done in such a way that I will be able to wear evening gowns/dresses that are somewhat revealing.
So after I got home from getting my hair done, I sat on my wonderful recliner and got engrossed in reading. A friend had told me that she had read Angels and Demons and couldn't put it down. So I decided that I should read it before going to see the movie. I recently bought a Kindle - so I bought the book for the Kindle. And I am having a hard time putting it down. I must have sat reading for four or five hours today - I got lost in time. I'm a little more than halfway through the book. I didn't stop reading until Tom got home tonight.
My left breast is now looking so weird. It's still looking black and blue from the surgery. Over time it will look better and start looking better. A small price to pay for the alternative. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment