Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Recliner

So I sit here on my recliner thinking about why I don't want to get up. When I move to sit/stand up I feel pressure in the area of the surgery. I think it's the tissue expander but I'm not sure. The tissue expander was inserted beneath my pectoralis muscle. I'll find out more when I see my plastic surgeon on Tuesday morning. I'm also experiencing numbness in my upper arm and under arm area - I understand that this is normal. And when I bend my arm, it feels as if the skin on my upper arm is very tight. I just hope the weird feelings with my arm will not hang around too long.

Last month I found the website www.BreastCancer.org. I joined the community forum. It has been a lot of help and reassurance to 'talk' to other women who are going through or have gone through the same surgeries and treatments. I'm so glad I found it.

Our recliner couch has been a godsend after surgeries. Two years ago, Tom had rotator cuff surgery and he slept on the recliner for several weeks. Then after my rotator cuff surgery in December, I slept downstairs on the couch for about a month before I felt comfortable laying flat on our bed. And now I'm here again! The only problem with sleeping on the recliner is that Tom is upstairs in our bed and I'm downstairs. Hmmm, if there were a way to put one of the sectionals in our bedroom then I could sleep upstairs but I don't think there's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment