As far as me, I've been so-so okay. I've had some problems with the (lift) surgery on my breast. Not so much with the implant. I've had some stitches that have come to the surface. They're the dissolving kind but apparently sometimes they stick out. So I've been to see Dr. Jones twice with the problems. At times, it's been so itchy that I've actually had to go without a top or bra. One day I was about to leave for work and couldn't stand the itching/discomfort that I ended up working from home. It seems to be better now. Maybe it was those stitches that were poking out. Now that they're gone, I have had much discomfort.
Dr. Jones told us what to do if we found some more. He said we could pull them out ourselves. They have done their job.
Deb and I went shopping last Saturday. I had to get a new wardrobe - which normally doesn't sound so bad but it's because I've gained about 20 pounds since February. I've gone up 2 sizes in my slacks. It's been close to 30 years since I had to buy a size 16 pant. I've decided not to worry too much about it. I don't think that I look much heavier. It's around my stomach that's the main problem. The smaller pants just don't go around my belly. And then I have also gotten a little bigger on top or maybe I'm just more sensitive about wearing tight tops. I like them a little looser now.
So I haven't worn my wigs in such a long time. I've been wearing hats; mainly 'newsboy' caps. I kind of like the way I look in them. And I've gotten used to my 'new' short hair. No it's not all in. But it's starting to look like I have hair on my head. I sort of like the way I look with the short, short hair - the gamin look. We'll see what happens as it comes in fuller.
I've actually put my wigs on a couple of times to see how I look and you know I don't like the way I look. It's strange. And I loved the look when I got them.
So what do she look like now you say. Well here is a photo of me today - and yes I really do have hair again. I've had some comments from my co-workers and friends that they like me with real short hair. Let me know what you think. Just post a comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment