T4-D16
Today we drove to Arizona. The 'main' reason for our trip was to pick up Deborah and bring her home from her Winnipeg to Phoenix road trip. But it really was an excuse to visit Richard, Tom's brother, and his wife Sharon. It's been over a year since I visited with them and more than that for Tom.
As usual, I was up later than Tom getting ready for the trip. But this time, I decided that anything else I needed to do I could do in the morning. That way I went to sleep at a fairly decent hour - for me - but later than Tom.
So after getting all of our stuff together, and it's a production for me to go anywhere these days, we got on the road around 8:15am. Not quite as early as we had wanted to leave but it really didn't matter. We weren't in a big hurry.
My goal was for us to have breakfast at the Cracker Barrel in Yuma, AZ. We got there sometime around 11. Breakfast was good. After breakfast, we did a quick browse around the gift shop but I didn't want to get anything until the trip back with Deborah. I have so much fun shopping with her.
We made it to Sharon and Richard's around 4pm. An 8 hour trip with stops.
I got to use that bathing suit that I bought at Nordstroms [see my blog for August 15th]. We went in the pool in the evening when it was dark - Tom, Richard, Deborah and myself. Sharon prefers to go in the mornings after her morning walk.
We had a good time floating around using those long cylindrical tubes to keep us afloat. We stayed in the pool for quite a while. It was fun. I haven't been in a pool in a long time. It was warm out. Of course when you get out of the water, it's cooler.
Anyway, we had a good evening visiting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment