Saturday, August 22, 2009

Snakes and Lizards

T4-D17
We woke up this morning to Sharon calling for Tom to get dressed and come with her. Her friend had found a rattlesnake in her yard and wanted it removed. Sharon knew that Tom would be able to do that for her. He grabbed his snake hook which he takes in the car all the time --- turns out the snake hook was too big. This was just a baby rattler.

After breakfast, Tom and Richard went out on the ATVs to find a place to let the baby rattler go out on it's own. Tom had never ridden an ATV. I think he had fun today riding it.

Tom, Richard, Deborah and I went to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum. there were all kinds of plants - it appeared to be mostly desert type plants. We took the main trail which was about 1 1/2 miles.

There were lot's of resting spots which I needed. I had not realized that we were going to be walking a long distance. My purse got heavy even though I'm not carrying nearly as much as I used to. Also it was hard to keep it on my right shoulder. I'm used to carrying my purse on my left shoulder but now with the possibility of lymphodema it's recommended that I carry my purse on my right side.

It was definitely warm out. We walked around and looked at a lot of the plants. Deborah spotted a lot of lizards and was taking photos of them. I took a lot of photos of various things. There were signs that said: Rattlesnakes Only Beyond This Point. Now where do you ever see signs like that?



Along the trail we took there were a lot of resting places - benches that were dedicated to various individuals and couples. It was nice sitting on those benches.
I was getting tired so I kept walking looking for a bench and then let everyone catch up to me.

When I really started getting tired, my dear sweet husband pitched in and carried my purse for me. He told Deborah not to take a photo of him carrying my purse - but he forgot to say something to me.

We came back to the house and are now relaxing. Doing nothing special.

It's really strange. I've had a cough for close to a month that won't go away. There are times that it doesn't bother me - mostly first thing in the morning. I've been taking throat drops that help. When we got in the car after our trek at the Arboretum, I realized that I hadn't coughed at all during our trek. But when we got in the car with the air conditioner, I started coughing again. Don't know what that tells us but I'll have to bring that up to one of my doctors. It's nerve-wracking that I can't get rid of it. Don't know if it's related to my treatments or if it's something else.




No comments:

Post a Comment