Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Swimsuit Miixup and random thoughts

T4-D10
I haven't posted in almost a week. It's been a kind of hard week in a way. I find that I seem a little more tired in the evenings than I think I was before. But then that may be just my perception.

Deborah went to Winnipeg to see Lea and then drive home to Phoenix with her. So we're taking care of Zoe. We were out today when all of a sudden I remembered that Zoe was inside. Then I had to calculate had we been gone too long. No we hadn't. We were gone for somewhere between 4 and 5 hours. That's okay.

We went to Chase today so I could open a checking account that I'm going to use for the Esmond Court house which I'm going to convert to an actual rental. I need to be able to get the benefit out of owning the house.

I was so upset, mad, frustrated. I bought a swimsuit at Nordstroms on the 4th and left it there for alterations to add a mastectomy pocket. It was ready yesterday. I went to pick it up. NO mastectomy pocket. They had inserted formed cups in both sides. Well mistakes happen. So I was told it would be ready Saturday or Monday. Got a call today that it was ready so we went to pick it up. Boy was I upset. There was the mastectomy pocket but so were the bra cups. I was flipping mad but showed it more to Tom than anyone else. The seamstress said she'd have it for Monday. Okay, I'll wait.

Then we took a walk through the mall. Stopped at the jeweler where Tom got my diamond and got it cleaned. It's so nice and sparkling now. Surprised Angela, who works there, with my status. Turns out her dad is going through chemo and not doing so well. Gave her the name and phone number of Dr. Wang. Angela was thinking of taking her dad for accupuncture. Now she has the name of the best.

We were on our way back to the car - still in the mall - when I got a call from Nordstroms that my suit was ready. I questioned that it was done so fast but it was. We went back to the store and got my swimsuit. I tried it on for Tom. He liked the way it fit. Now he's anxious to see it after my exchange and lift. It's a little declote - just perfect.

Don't remember if I've mentioned that quite a few people have said that they see me as a strong person. I just don't see it but I guess that's the way i've come across. All I'm doing is forging ahead. I haven't thought about what could have happened. I'm pretty much living just day to day. I've kept an optomistic attitude and decided to wear all bright colors - no black (except my shoes). I even have a lavender purse.

I wrote today on one of the threads on breastcancer.org about what I've done to keep myself going and pretty healthy during the chemo. I think I'll paste the info into here.

I go to work (half-time) and everyone is amazed at how well I'm doing. And so am I. I blame it on my ancillary helpers: My dentist gave me a mouth rinse to use every night: Pro-Den Rx PerioCheck. My (nutritional) chiropractor gave me a list of food supplements to take (they're sold only in practitioner's offices) - the brand name is Standard Process. I'm not always faithful but I will say that when I started this journey I was faithful in taking them. And then there's Dr. Wang - the most amazing Accupuncturist & Traditiional Chinese Medicine doctor. She's so sweet and loving and cares so much about her patients. Without all of these people, I don't think that I would be doing as well as I have been.

I have two more weeks of working half-time and then I have to go back on full time. I'm not looking forward to it. I think that I'll take some vacation time over the next two weeks. We're going to Arizona next Friday for a four day weekend. I'll see if I can take off Wednesday and Thursday and then a couple of days after we get back from Arizona.

And then in the middle of September, we're set to go to Las Vegas for a week. We're going to go to a pet store conference called SuperZoo. I'm planning to work from the condo we'll be at on that Monday and Friday as the conference is on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. That Friday night is Rosh Hashanah - - we're going to stay on in Las Vegas and attend services there. Looking forward to that week.

Having Zoe here is forcing me to take walks - however short they are. Dr. Levine has told me that I should be walking 3-5 hours a week. I'm not one to go out on my own. I prefer to have company but I'm going to have to learn to do that on my own. Or maybe there's a walking section on my Wii Fit. I could use that. Speaking of that, I need to get back to using it. That will give me the exercise that I need. I've put on close to 20 lbs. Not what I wanted to do. I had heard that people loose weight when going through chemo but I guess my experience is different. I haven't lost any appetite to speak of. Once in a while, I feel like I don't need as much food as I usually eat but that hasn't helped to keep off the weight. Oh well, I'll go back to weightwatcher's later when I'm all done and feeling up to it.

So much for random thoughts. It's time to go to bed. Maybe more tomorrow. We're going to the theater again tomorrow so I better get some sleep.

Signing off 'till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment